Ahnentafel Chart for Henry LONG Jr.
05 Jun 2000
1. Henry LONG Jr. was born 6 Apr 1857 in Tenneessee. He died 14 Jan 1937 in Rufe, Oklahoma.
Henry Long, fourth child of Henry Franklin Long and Christiana Murr, was a
farmer who lived in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. On Sep 1 1887 he married
Mary Jane Rogers at Mt Pleasant, Titus Co, Texas. She was born on Jun 20
1871 in Montgomery Co Ark, the daughter of John Wesley Rogers and Rebecca
Seay. Mary died on Feb 20 1954 and was buried at Rufe, McCurtain Co Okla.
Hendy had died on Jan 14 1937 Mt Pleasant and ws buried at Rufe. They had
fouteen (14) children.
Henry married Mary Jane ROGERS, daughter of John Wesley ROGERS and Rebecca SEAY, on 1 Sep 1887 in Mt. Pleasant, Titus County, Texas. Mary was born 20 Jun 1871 in Anita, Montgomery County, Arkansas. She died 20 Feb 1954 in Rufe, Oklahoma.
2. Henry Franklin LONG was born 1 Nov 1829 in Blount County, Tennessee. He died 20 Oct 1892 in Titus County, Texas and was buried in Union Hill Cemetery. Henry married Christanah (Christiana) MURR on 23 Sep 1847 in Blount County, Tennessee.
notes supplied by Richard Greggory
Henry Franklin Long, the fifth child of Christian Long and Sarah Slyger, was
a farmer/blacksmith and lived in Tennessee and Texas. On Sep 23 1847 he
married Christina Murr at Maryville, Blount Co, Tenn. She was born on Mar 6
1829 in Tenn, the daughter of Jacob Murr and Nancy Boyd. Christina was a
homemaker. She died on Sep 12 1902 Cookville, Titus Co Texas. Henry died
there on Oct 20 1892. They had eight children at Maryville.
3. Christanah (Christiana) MURR was born 6 Mar 1829 in Tenneessee. She died 12 Sep 1902 in Titus County, Texas and was buried in Union Hill Cemetery.
4. Christian LONG was born 1 Dec 1794 in North Corodus, York, Penn. He died 10 Feb 1861 in Lutheran Cemetery, Blount County, Tennessee. Christian married Sarah SLIGER on 12 Oct 1817 in Washington County, Tennessee.
notes supplied by Richard Greggory
Christian Long was born in Penn but went to North Carolina as a small
child and then to Tennessee when he was about 12 years old. He was a Luthern, a
cabinet maker and a justice of the peace. He married (l) Sarah Slyger on
0ct 12 1817 in Washington Co Tenn. She was born in 1795, daughter of John
Slyger and Mary Harmon. Sarah and Chiristian had six children and she died in
1931. Christian married (2) Elizabeth Murr on 14 mar 1833 in Blount Co
Tenn. She was the daughter of John Murr and Mary Brown. Elizabeth and
Christian also had six children. She died on May 4 1883 in Blount Co. Christian had
died previously on Feb 10 1861. Both are buried at St Johns Luthern
Church. Christians children were born at Maryville in Blount Co.
5. Sarah SLIGER was born 1795 in Washington County, Tennessee. She died 1831 in Tennessee.
6. Jacob MURR was born about 1800 in Washington County, Tennessee. He died BET. 1851 – 1892 in Blount County, Tennessee. Jacob married Nancy BOYD on 12 Sep 1823 in Blount County, Tennessee.
7. Nancy BOYD was born about 1809 in Washington County, Tennessee. She died before 1847 in Blount County, Tennessee.
8. Henry LONG1 was born2 1770 in Unknown, Pennsylvania, Europe?. He died3 May 1847 in Blount County, Tennessee. Henry married4 Fannie HOUSER calculated 1793 in York, Pennsylvania.
Author’s comment, Elmer A. Houser Jr., from his book, Descendants of John Houser 1709-1763.
“Data for almost this entire chapter was compiled by Oddis
Glen LONG of Huntington Beach Calif. His years of dedicated and careful
research are reflected herin” end of quote.
9. Fannie HOUSER5 was born6 about 1777 in North Corodus, York County, Pennsylvania. She died7 before 1841 in Blount County, Tennessee. There were other parents
notes from Richard Greggory
Fannie Houser was born about 1777 In North Cordous York Co Penn. About
1793 she married Henry Long in York Co. Family tradition holds that Henry was
born at sea whil his parents were coming to America. He was less than a year
old when they arrived in North Carolina. Henry’s father and two brothers are
said to have mined coal in Georgia or Alabama. Henry apparently went to
Penn and married Fannie there.
10. John SLYGER (SLIGER) was born about 1768 in Pennsylvania. He died 16 Nov 1830 in Washington County, Tennessee. John married Mary Magdalene Hammon HARMON on 16 Oct 1792 in Washington County, Tennessee.
11. Mary Magdalene Hammon HARMON was born 1768 in Pennsylvania. She died 1835 in Washington County, Tennessee.
12. John MURR was born 6 Jul 1774 in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina. He died BET. 1803 – 1864. John married Mary BROWN on 22 Dec 1798 in Washington County, Tennessee.
13. Mary BROWN was born about 1780 in Rowan County, North Carolina. She died BET. 1803 – 1871 in Washington County, Tennessee.
18. Peter I HOUSER was born 1751 in York County, Pennsylvania. He died 1845 in Lincoln, North Carolina. Peter married Eva Maria Catherine DHOME on 1770.
notes from R. Greg
Peter b 1751 North Corodus Twsp Penn was about 12 yrs old when father died.
Peter and his older brother John shared fathers estate. John and Peter took
lead in helping Uncle Jacob and their mother run the farm. However Peter
developed an interest in blacksmith and practiced this trade during his life.
Both Peter and John served in Revoluntionary War.
19. Eva Maria Catherine DHOME.
20. John SCHLEIFFER was born 1 Mar 1739/1740 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He died 22 Jul 1818 in Washington County, Tennessee. John married Catrina TYLER on 1761 in Pennsylvania.
Some have him listed as John Slyger II, b. 2 Mar 1740 and d. 8 Apr 1817
21. Catrina TYLER was born 1742 in Pennsylvania. She died after 1818 in Washington County, Tennessee.
24. Michael MURR was born 1740. He died 6 May 1790 in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina. Michael married Susannah KINDER on 1 Dec 1761 in Rowan County, North Carolina.
notes from Steven Howard
My earliest record on Michael Murr is December 1, 1761, Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina, where
Michael bought city lots and ran a public ordinary. His wife, Susannah was still living in 1796 when Michael
made his will. Only two children were mentioned in the will: John and George Michael Murr.
25. Susannah KINDER was born about 1740. She died after 24 Feb 1796.
26. Jacob BROWN Jr. was born 1752 in E. Cocalico Twp. Lancaster, Pennsylvania and was christened in Luterhan Church, E. Cocalico Twp, Pennsylvania. He died about 1841 in Telford, Washington County, Tennessee and was buried in Brown Family Farm, Washington County, Tennessee. Jacob married Elizabeth ADMIRE on 29 Aug 1774 in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina.
27. Elizabeth ADMIRE was born 15 Nov 1752 in E. Cocalico Twp. Lancaster, Pennsylvania and was christened in Luterhan Church, E. Cocalico Twp, Pennsylvania. She died about 1814 in Telford, Washington County, Tennessee and was buried in Brown Family Farm, Washington County, Tennessee.
36. John “Johannes” HOUSER “VON HOUSER” Sr.8 was born9 1709 in York County, Pennsylvania. He died10 1763 in York County, Pennsylvania. John married Mary E. GEORGE.
There is some reference to his living in Philadelphia County, Germantown.
notes from R. Greg
John b 1708(first born in New World) Germantown Penn died in York Co Penn
leaving wife Mary E George and seven children. Mary raised the family with
the help of her brother in law Jacob. Note on John b 1708 it is possible he
was born in England or even at sea.
37. Mary E. GEORGE was born 1720 in Pennsylvania. She died 1780.
40. Johann George SCHLEICHER was born 23 Jun 1702 in Duchy of Wurttenberg, Amsterdam, Holland. He married Maria Elizabeth RAUSCH before 1740 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
41. Maria Elizabeth RAUSCH.
52. Johann Jacob BRAUN was born 27 Feb 1731 in Ruschbert, Rien-Pfalz, Germany. He died Nov 1807 in Telford, Washington County, Tennessee. Johann married Elizabeth about 1751 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
53. Elizabeth was born 1730 in Germany. She died about 1814 in Washington County, Tennessee.
54. George ADMIRE was born 1737 in Henry, Kentucky. He married Margaret COON about 1750 in Kentucky.
55. Margaret COON was born 1732/1735 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. She died 1801 in Henry, Kentucky.
72. Karl Hans “HansJohn” VON HAUSER was born 1655 in Canton of Zurich. He died 1722 in Conestoga, Pennsylvania. Karl married Huldricha VON HAUSER on WFT Est. 1673-1706.
Karl Hans von Hauser,
born in the Canton of Zurich in 1655, fled the Palatinate because of his religous beliefs to
England, and then to Pennsylvania.
He had a wife who gave him seven children.
notes from R. Greg
Karl Hans Hauser b 1655 Switzerland to Germany after 30 year war and
established himself as businessman(weaver) There the German govt bestowed
upon him the Von. Also in Germany he acquired wife Huldricha (no more info)
and at least four children. LouisXIV of France acquired large sums of money
from Pope Innocent X1 and agreed to rid Germany of Protestents in return.
Many of the Protestents fled to England. While in England a fifth child was
born. (Jacob 1705) Shortly thereafter they came to U S compliments of Queen
Ann and the ‘floatila’ of boats she loaded with tenants for the ‘new world’.
73. Huldricha VON HAUSER was born 1660. She died 1734 in She died in 1734 in Conestoga, Pennsylvania.
80. George Caspar SCHLEICHER was born about 1676 in Am Albuch, Duchy of Wurttenberg. He married Anna Margarethe HERSCHIN on 16 Feb 1698/1699 in Steinheim Township, Jayskreis County, Wurttenburg, Germany.
81. Anna Margarethe HERSCHIN was born 1678 in Steinheim Township, Jayskreis County, Wurttemberg, Germany.
104. Stephen Christian BRAUN was born 1 Feb 1703 in Neidermohr, Rien-Pfalz, Germany. He died about 1763 in Rowan County, North Carolina. Stephen married Maria Eva HAMEN on 13 Mar 1730 in Ruschburg, Germany.
105. Maria Eva HAMEN was born 28 Apr 1710 in Ruschbert, Rien-Pfalz, Germany. She died in Rowan County, North Carolina.
110. John Michael COON (KUHN) was born 1695/1700 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. He died 14 May 1765 in Rowan County, North Carolina. John married Catharine.
May 1765 in Rowan County, North Carolina. John married Catharine.
111. Catharine was born 1700/1702 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
208. Hans Jacob BRAUN was born 1677 in Niedermohr, Germany. He married Agnes.
209. Agnes was born 1681 in Niedermohr, Germany.
210. Hans Michel HAMMENN was born 1677 in Ruschbert, Rien-Pfalz, Germany. He married Anna Catherina SCHNEIDER on 24 Oct 1702.
211. Anna Catherina SCHNEIDER was born 1681 in Germany.
220. Michael COON (KUHN) was born after 1669 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.