Ahnentafel Chart for Mary Elizabeth MADDEN
05 Jun 2000
1. Mary Elizabeth MADDEN was born 9 Dec 1861 in Tennessee. She died 4 May 1935 in Van Buren, Arkansas and was buried in Morrison Cemetery north of Rudy, AK.
Mary married James Milton TEMPLE, son of Frances Marion TEMPLE and Mary ROZELL, on 27 Oct 1881. James was born 14 Oct 1855 in Rudy, Crawford County, Arkansas. He died 30 Oct 1933 in Rudy, Crawford County, Arkansas and was buried in Marrison Cemetery, North of Rudy, ARK.
2. James M. MADDEN was born 1840 in Harrison, Virginia. He died about 1886 in Cedarville, Arkansas. James married Margaret KADDOAD on 19 Jan 1858.
JAMES ENLISTED INTO COMPANY H,1ST REG. TENN. CALVERYIN THE CONFEDERATE ARMY.hE
WAS PAROLED(RELEASED) AT CHARLOTTE,N.C. ON MAY 3, 1865 UNDER COMMANDING OFFICER
GEN. JOSEPH E. JOHNSON AND GENERAL W.T. SHERMAN.
3. Margaret KADDOAD was born 27 Sep 1840 in Tennessee. She died 1908 in Belmont, Oklahoma and was buried in Belmont, Oklahoma Gable Cemetery.
4. Benjamin Nathaniel MADDEN was born 23 Jan 1776 in Harrison, Virginia. He died 10 Sep 1855. Benjamin married Mary HARBERT on 1 Dec 1821 in Clarksburg, Harrison, Virginia.
5. Mary HARBERT was born 4 Apr 1805 in Harrison, Virginia. She died 10 Oct 1848 in Union Township, Champaign, Ohio and was buried in Champaign, Ohio, Sharon Cemetery.
10. Thomas HARBERT was born 1768 in Virginia. He died 1818 in Harrison County, West Virginia. Thomas married Hannah JACOBS on 1790.
11. Hannah JACOBS was born 1771 in Virginia. She died 12 Dec 1842 in Ohio and was buried in Buck Creek Cemetery, Urbana, Ohio.
20. Thomas HARBERT was born 9 Jul 1734 in Monmouth, New Jersey and was christened 11 Aug 1734 in Christ Church, Shrewsbury, New Jersey. He died 3 Mar 1778 in Jones Run, Virginia. Thomas married Isabel WRIGHT on 6 Aug 1758 in Shrewsbury, New Jersey, Christ Church.
married Isabel WRIGHT on 6 Aug 1758 in Shrewsbury, New Jersey, Christ Church.
21. Isabel WRIGHT was born 1738 in Burlington, New Jersey. She died after 1782 in Harrison, Virginia.
22. Jacob JACOBS was born about 1735. He died 3 Mar 1803 in Harrison County, West Virginia. Jacob married Hannah JOHNSON on 28 Jan 1761 in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
have conflicting information on marriage date. 14 Jan 1761 or 28 Jan 1761
Copy of Will in Larry Ponder Archives
Will: Dated March 3, 1803. Recorded in Harrison County, W. Va., will book 1, page 160.
D_vis_rs: William and Jacob, sons, and Rebecca Frazer, daughter, each five shillings: Jacob Jacobs, grandson,
firteen pounds; Mary Gifford, Sarah Plum, Caty Bennett, and Hannah Harbert, daughters, remainder of estate.
Witnesses: John Thomas and John, Benjamin and Joseph Gifford. John Gifford, son-in-law, and Gifford’s son,
Inventory: No date. Recorded in Will book 1. page 226.
Appraisers: Edward Whiteman, Jacob Bigler and Clemant Shinn.
Settlement: Dated October 19, 1805. Recorded in will book 1 page 357.
Commissioners: John Righter and Levi Shinn.
23. Hannah JOHNSON was born about 1737 in Harrison, Virginia. She died about 1803 in Harrison County, West Virginia.
40. Daniel HARBERT was born 8 Apr 1701 in Monmouth County, New Jersey. He died 1747 in Middletown, Monmouth, New Jersey. Daniel married Susannah.
41. Susannah was born about 1712 in Middletown, Monmouth, New Jersey. She died before 1745.
42. Edward WRIGHT was born about 1712 in Burlington, New Jersey. He married Mary.
46. Benjamin JOHNSON died 30 Sep 1783 in Dover twp, Mon. Co.(now Ocean County). He married Sarah SWALLOW on 1748.
47. Sarah SWALLOW.
80. Thomas HARBERT was born 1647 in Middletown, Monmouth, New Jersey. He died 4 Dec 1721 in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Thomas married Mary.
81. Mary was born about 1651 in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
92. William JOHNSON was born 2 Jan 1698 in Cape May. He married Elizabeth.
information from Bevpam@aol.com
Still trying to provide more documentation to prove William Johnson is the father of Benjamin.
94. John Jacob Johanus SWALLOW married Agnes.
160. Walter HARBERT was born about 1615 in Wiltshire, England. He died 1668 in Long Island, New York. Walter married Bridget.
161. Bridget was born before 1638 in England. She died 9 Mar 1682 in Monmouth County, New Jersey.